- This event has passed.
Last Friday Campaign: May Kickoff Event
May 26, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The City of Sparks is teaming up with the Sparks Museum and Cultural Center to bring you “Last Friday,” the last Friday of the month from May to September (5/26, 6/30, 7/28, 8/25, 9/29). Visitors can experience the museum, tour the train and Glendale Schoolhouse for free with docents on hand for tours. A free movie is scheduled in the amphitheater.
- Museum and Gallery: Visitors can see the latest art show upstairs in the Cultural Center and explore Sparks’ history downstairs with artifacts and displays.
- Historic Schoolhouse: The school marm is holding class from the past in the nationally registered historic Glendale Schoolhouse, newly restored for its 150th birthday.
- Train: The conductor leads a tour through the steam locomotive, a cupola caboose and a Pullman executive car.
- Local acoustic bands are set for the Great Basin Stage at 7:30 p.m, May’s featured performer is Arnold Mitchem of the Bourgeois Gypsies.
- To cap off the evening, a FREE family friendly movie will be shown in the outdoor amphitheater. Attendees are encouraged to bring your blanket and. May’s Movie is Napoleon Dynamite. Movie starts at dusk, approximately 8:15p.m.
- Popcorn and ice cream sandwiches will be for sale.
- May 26 – Napoleon Dynamite
- June 30 – Uncle Buck
- July 28 Beauty and the Beast: Singalong (Dress as your favorite princess)
- August 25 – Bugs Bunny
- September 29 – Original Frankenstein with Boris Karloff
Bands at Great Basin:
- May – Arnold Mitchem
- June – Jason King
- July – Tyler Stafford
- August – TBA
- September – TBA
For more information about the City of Sparks events please visit cityofsparks.us or 775-353-7856.