The City of Sparks is teaming up with the Sparks Museum and Cultural Center to bring you “Last Friday,” the last Friday of the month from May to September (5/26, 6/30, 7/28, 8/25, 9/29). Visitors can experience the museum, tour the train and Glendale Schoolhouse for free with docents on hand for tours. A free movie is scheduled in the amphitheater.
- Museum and Gallery: Visitors can see the latest art show upstairs in the Cultural Center and explore Sparks’ history downstairs with artifacts and displays.
- Historic Schoolhouse: The school marm is holding class from the past in the nationally registered historic Glendale Schoolhouse, newly restored for its 150th birthday.
- Train: The conductor leads a tour through the steam locomotive, a cupola caboose and a Pullman executive car.
- Local acoustic bands are set for the Great Basin Stage at 7:30 p.m, May’s featured performer is Arnold Mitchem of the Bourgeois Gypsies.
- To cap off the evening, a FREE family friendly movie will be shown in the outdoor amphitheater. Attendees are encouraged to bring your blanket and. May’s Movie is Napoleon Dynamite. Movie starts at dusk, approximately 8:15p.m.
- Popcorn and ice cream sandwiches will be for sale.
- May 26 – Napoleon Dynamite
- June 30 – Uncle Buck
- July 28 Beauty and the Beast: Singalong (Dress as your favorite princess)
- August 25 – Bugs Bunny
- September 29 – Original Frankenstein with Boris Karloff
Bands at Great Basin:
- May – Arnold Mitchem
- June – Jason King
- July – Tyler Stafford
- August - TBA
- September – TBA
For more information about the City of Sparks events please visit cityofsparks.us or 775-353-7856.