- This event has passed.
First Saturday: Virginia Street Bridge Project
August 5, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Chris Martinovich presents “The Virginia Street Bridge Project” at 2 p.m. on August 5. This presentation is part of the First Saturday lecture series, where the Sparks Museum presents free programming 2 p.m. on the first Saturday of every month.
The presentation on the replacement of the Virginia Street Bridge will cover the following topics:
- A brief history of the crossing and past bridges located at the site.
- A summary of the bridge selection process.
- A description of key bridge design elements.
- Numerous photos of the work throughout the construction process with descriptions of the key concrete elements such as the arches, tie beam, and deck.
- A summary and description of the entire construction process including the “Bridge Launch” as an innovative method to accelerate the construction.
Chris Martinovich has eight years of experience as a Professional Engineer with Jacobs Engineering. For the City’s Virginia Street Bridge Project, he was part of the design process by leading coordination between all design disciplines and the development of the roadway, structure, floodwall, and utility designs. He oversaw the completion of the environmental permitting process including coordination with agencies such as NDOT, FHWA, and the USACE. Chris was the project manager for the construction phase of the project and was responsible for construction management and daily coordination with the contractor.
Chris is a native Northern Nevadan and lives in Carson City.